YOUR LOCAL NEXGEN HEARING TEAM
CUTTING-EDGE HEARING AIDS
OUR NEXGEN HEARING SERVICES
Victoria Westshore Hearing Services & Hearing Tests
If you are experiencing hearing loss, know that you are not alone. Millions of Canadians each year experience some form of hearing loss, ranging from mild tinnitus to severe hearing loss. You might have noticed constant ringing or buzzing in your ears, or now strain to hear friends speak in a crowded room. Whatever your specific symptoms, NexGen hearing is here to help you achieve your hearing goals.
Hearing tests help our qualified audiologists or RHIPs determine your level of hearing loss and fine-tune any hearing aids you might need. Our team at the Victoria Westshore NexGen Hearing clinic located on Merchant Way is passionate about providing the highest quality hearing aid care to all of our patients. Get in touch with us today to book a free hearing test today, and get back to hearing the fantastic sounds of our city!
VICTORIA WESTSHORE NEXGEN HEARING
Meet Your Local Hearing Professional
Sue is a partner of the NexGen Hearing Westshore and NexGen Hearing Sooke clinics. She obtained her professional accreditation at Grant MacEwan University in 2000 as a Hearing Instrument Practitioner. She has served on the Board for the Hearing Instrument Practitioners Society of British Columbia for fifteen years.
Madison was born in Edmonton and grew up in the small northern town of Slave Lake, AB. Madison earned her diploma as a Hearing Instrument Practitioner from Douglas College in Coquitlam, BC. Her passion for hearing health care allows her to build relationships with clients to make a positive impact in their lives. Madison enjoys camping, hiking, fishing and everything the outdoors has to offer. Her creative talents have resulted in accolades for some of her finished work.
Victoria Westshore NexGen Hearing
Victoria Westshore Client Reviews
Try Our Online
obligation hearing screening test. This interactive test will
help you determine whether a professional consultation
would benefit you.
Explore Our Hearing Health Services
ANSWERS ABOUT HEARING AIDS AND MORE
Frequently Asked Questions
- Avoid loud noises and areas for 16 hours before the test.
- Remove any earwax that may be in your ear canal. Do not use a Q-tip to do this as that will only push earwax deeper into the canal. Let our clinic staff take care of cleaning out your ears for you.
- Let us know if you take or have taken antibiotics that can damage hearing, such as gentamicin.
- Smoking (studies show that smokers experience more hearing loss than non-smokers)
- Medical Conditions
- Repeated Exposure to Loud Noises
- Store batteries at normal room temperature.
- Wash your hands before changing batteries to keep oil and dirt from causing damage to the battery or clogging up the air pores.
- Leave the battery compartment in your hearing aid open at night to let moisture escape.
- Use a hearing aid storage container or dehumidifier.
- Check the expiration date on the package before you purchase new batteries. Try and purchase batteries with an expiry date that is a year in the future or further.
- Do not remove the protective seal on the battery until you’re ready to use it. Once the seal is removed, the battery begins to lose charge.
- Use rechargeable batteries. Our clinic staff would be happy to help you find a rechargeable option for your device.
Hearing aid prices vary from several hundred dollars up to a few thousand, and it all depends on the technology level in each device. Affordable hearing aids and the more expensive options come with different features and capabilities.
You can think of hearing aids as coming in levels of gold, silver, or bronze. If your listening needs are simple, it just might be that even the most basic hearing aid is enough for you. If your life is more active and you find yourself wanting to hear better in more active and noisy listening environments, then a more sophisticated level of hearing aid features will give you more benefit.
NexGen Hearing also offers financing options to help you with an affordable option to improve your hearing. Learn more about our lease to hear financing and other hearing aid financing options.
We do perform cerumen management at a small number of our NexGen Hearing clinics, most clinics prefer to provide this service to existing clients only. If you are a new client call ahead to find out which clinic offers cerumen management please call us at 1 (877) 606 6671.
If you have any history of outer ear pathology or ear infections, we recommend you see your family doctor.