YOUR LOCAL NEXGEN HEARING TEAM
The Surrey City Centre NexGen Hearing Clinic is a full service and full-time hearing aid and hearing health centre. Every day, we focus on helping our clients who might be experiencing tinnitus, muffled hearing or possible hearing loss improve their hearing. There are many types of hearing loss including sensorineural, conductive or even a mixture of these conditions. These hearing conditions can have a serious impact on a person’s quality of life. A hearing test at the Surrey City Centre NexGen Hearing Clinic can determine the nature and degree of your hearing loss.
Based on the results of your hearing test, our RHIP will be able to provide you with a hearing aid that will suit your needs. Hearing tests at our hearing clinic are completely free. Our hearing aids are backed by a 21 day no-money down trial, and a 90 day money back satisfaction guarantee. You will always get the best value with NexGen Hearing as we will price match any valid competitor quote or advertised price on the same make and model of hearing instrument.
You can expect us to deliver the highest level professional hearing aid care at every level. We take pride in building strong relationships and garnering trust with our clients. We encourage family members to take part in their loved one’s journey to better hearing. At the Surrey City Centre NexGen Hearing Clinic, we are delighted to be right in the center of this wonderful community, and look forward to meeting you!
CUTTING-EDGE HEARING AIDS
OUR NEXGEN HEARING SERVICES
Surrey Guildford Hearing Aids & Hearing Care Services
Have you noticed that it is harder to hear now than it was in the past? If you strain to hear your friends and families speak in crowded settings, or are being kept up at night by the ringing of tinnitus in your ears – you are not alone. Millions of Canadians each year suffer from hearing loss, leading to a number of challenges in daily life. At NexGen Hearing we understand the difficulties you are experiencing and are committed to helping you improve your hearing health.
No matter your situation, the expert RHIP at the Surrey Guildford NexGen Hearing Clinic is here to provide free hearing tests to determine your levels of hearing loss, and evaluate options if a hearing aid is required. Our team at the Surrey Guildford NexGen Hearing Clinic located on 104 Avenue is passionate about providing the highest quality hearing aid care to all of our patients. Get in touch with us to book your free hearing test today, and get back to hearing the amazing sounds of our city!
SURREY GUILDFORD NEXGEN HEARING
Meet Your Local Hearing Professional
After completing her Hearing Instrument Specialist Advanced Diploma at George Brown College in Toronto, Oksana has enjoyed helping people with their hearing needs. She decided to move to the beautiful province of BC after being offered a job with NexGen Hearing.
Surrey Guildford NexGen Hearing
Surrey Guildford Client Reviews
Explore Our Hearing Health Services
ANSWERS ABOUT HEARING AIDS AND MORE
Frequently Asked Questions
A no-obligation hearing screening is free at any one of our clinics. This assessment includes the 3-point series of tests that includes measuring air conduction, word discrimination, and checking the eardrum and middle ear system. More comprehensive exams that require reporting such as physician reports, employment requirements or children’s hearing test are exempt from the free hearing test offer, check with your local clinic for rates.
- Store batteries at normal room temperature.
- Wash your hands before changing batteries to keep oil and dirt from causing damage to the battery or clogging up the air pores.
- Leave the battery compartment in your hearing aid open at night to let moisture escape.
- Use a hearing aid storage container or dehumidifier.
- Check the expiration date on the package before you purchase new batteries. Try and purchase batteries with an expiry date that is a year in the future or further.
- Do not remove the protective seal on the battery until you’re ready to use it. Once the seal is removed, the battery begins to lose charge.
- Use rechargeable batteries. Our clinic staff would be happy to help you find a rechargeable option for your device.
- Voices sounding muffled or unclear
- Not being able to tell where a sound is coming from (known as localization)
- Needing higher volume settings on televisions, stereos and headphones
- Trouble differentiating between foreground and background noise
- Sensoineural: The inner ear, hearing nerve, or hair cells within the cochlea become damaged. It can be a result of aging, exposure to loud noise, injury, disease, certain medications, or an inherited condition.
- Conductive: occurs in the outer or middle ear when sound waves become blocked by earwax or a foreign object in the ear canal. The middle ear canal could be impacted with fluid, infection, or a bone abnormality. Lastly, conductive hearing loss can be caused by an injury to the eardrum.
- Mixed: People can sometimes experience a combination of both sensorineural and conductive hearing loss.
An analog hearing aid is an older type of hearing aid that makes continuous sound waves louder. Speech and noise are amplified in the same way, so an analog hearing aid can be thought of as a device that turns the volume up on everything around you. They can be programmed for different listening environments that can be switched at the push of a button on the hearing aid.
More commonly found these days, a digital hearing aid will have all of the features that come in an analog device. Instead of amplifying all sound waves, a digital hearing aid will convert sound waves into digital signals, and then produce an exact duplication of the sound. The technology used in a digital hearing aid is more sophisticated and allows for more complex processing of sound. This gives them greater flexibility in programming to allow the sound they transmit to be matched to the specific type of hearing loss a patient is experiencing.
If you are unsure which type is right for you, contact our clinic and come see us to discuss your needs and options!